Sunday, June 27, 2010

Geocaching.

Another one of my bright ideas.
I've heard about geocaching online and realized I had to take the boys to try.
The catch?
I need the husband to oblige since he had the iPhone with the app.
After some gentle urging, we went out to see what this was all about.
We found a cache close to the house just to see what was in it...
Matthew found it!!
We realized the 'treasures' were not really high quality, so we went home and picked our own treasures to add to the caches and change clothes. We were back on the road to hunt some more. The boys LOVED it and I must admit...SO DID I! Even the husband liked it.

On our last stop, Matthew found this slug. Ethan remembered the banana slug in California, and thought we had another one! Nah, this is just a nasty midwest slug...but fun to check out on our hike. :)

No comments: