Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another crafty moment...

I'm going cheap this year...making do with what I have. Erin (Hi, Erin!!) at Skoots and Cuddles had a post about art being beautiful and she picked several that I loved. I especially loved the white on white heart piece. (Ok, the bee one, too...and the bird one...OK. I liked them all.) Once I checked out the price tags I realized my theory of making do and being cheap wasn't going to last if I gave in to the shopping temptations. So, I made my own. I had the paper, and the frame, I just needed a heart punch, which I found for $7 at JoAnn's. (I will totally use that again! I will be making more of these!) My heart art project isn't perfect and it's not totally lined up properly, but I still like it!! Thanks, Erin!! The inspiration for this can be found at Sarah & Bendrix, an Etsy shop!

1 comment:

Erin Deegan said...

Hi Amy!! Love it... I made one too. I will post it next week. I just need a sunny day to get a good photo. I tried with artificial light and booo... it looked awful.

I also love the "love" art. I so fell in love with that entire headboard and bed from house tweaking... I went online and found her beautiful mustard ruffle pillow and ordered one... it was from etsy.

Take care and enjoy your guests!