Saturday, April 10, 2010

*POP*

Let me set the scene...
Matthew has had a tooth, hanging by a thread, for several days. Last night we convinced him to do something fun to get it out, once and for all. He was very excited about having his tooth pulled by a remote controlled car. Well, I had the video camera ready, the car ready, and after several attempts, I had his tooth all tied up. Twice, Matthew decided to touch the string, which made it fall off. (It took at least 5 minutes to retie it each time.) Well...We were locked and loaded. We test drove the car back and forth a few times and his smile was larger than life. This was it. As I pushed record on the video camera, I pushed forward on the remote control car...guess what!?! The car battery died!!!! He was devastated and immediately started crying/laughing...so I did what every mother would have done and I YANKED THE STRING!! POP! OUT CAME THE TOOTH!! STILL TIED TO THE STRING!! Still recording, I followed him to the bathroom to videotape the aftermath (ie., screaming, crying, bleeding, freaking out, yelling about how mean I was, laughing, etc.) and wouldn't ya know it...THE CAMERA BATTERY DIED...LOSING THE WHOLE THING!!!
But...it was funny...we did get the tooth out and the tooth fairy came. All in all...all parties are happy!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: