Sunday, September 19, 2010

Parade at Home...

Sometimes I have 'BAD MOM MOMENTS' and today was that kind of a day. I told the boys I'd take them to the town parade and time slipped away. Before we knew it, we were late to the parade and had to turn around with two very sad kids. I felt terrible! Then I had a BRIGHT IDEA!! What do you get when you take a TON of old candy, two sad kids and a guilty mother?!
A homemade parade!! I marched up and down the driveway, singing silly songs and throwing candy at them! The expression on Matthew's face was proof that I made his day. It wasn't until he told me that it was the best parade he'd been to, that I knew I fixed my goof up. He wanted to have another 'fake parade' only a few minutes later. He also told me that I was awesome. Phew. I salvaged the day. I am pretty awesome! But...they are pretty awesome too! What mother wouldn't do that for their kids?!

No comments: