Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Walk by the Lake...

After the Sears {Willis} Tower trip, we drove over to take a walk around the lake. In my 34 years of living in Illinois, I'm sad to say I've never been on the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier. WE decided, much to the dismay of Ethan, to make it all our first time riding it together. Brrr. It sure was cold and windy up there, but the view was spectacular. Watching Ethan and Matthew singing Frank Sinatra songs that were piping through our carriage, was a highlight for me!! :)



After our ride, we decided to keep walking to Millennium Park and stop for a few photo ops!


A photographer from PIF (Pay It Forward) asked the boys to model their new bracelets. They are supposed to be on the website. I may have lost my "Mother of the Year" status and become that gullible mother. We'll see the verdict is still out on this!!


This picture of Ethan was immediately after he collapsed on the ground from excitement. This boy was so excited to run around The Bean, he couldn't contain himself. I told him a couple times to stay close, but he photo bombed about 10 different family pictures, wondered off, and as we watched, Matthew and I moved from his view. Panic set in. The frantic running began. Darting from one end to the other. FEAR was in his eyes, until he turned around and saw us right behind him. AHHHH, relief. Let's just say, he didn't leave my side again! Matthew, on the other hand...

Can I just brag about how awesome these two guys were?! The entire day! Seriously!! No complaining. A little begging (for mini-golf), but this was a great day as a mom! On the way home, they both told me how thankful they were for such a great day. They even said it was one of the best days ever. What a great way to end my day!!

No comments: