Sunday, May 29, 2011

17 years ago...

17 years ago, I met a boy. That boy didn't want to date a 16 year old, for obvious reasons. But for some reason, that boy didn't forget me. And a few years later, we were dating. First came love, then came marriage and then came life and two crazy kids. 17 years ago, we met at a Kane County Cougars game and we've never gone back together...until today. I'm thankful that June 4th changed my life and I got to marry that cute boy who wore #40, had big sideburns, and who lovingly spit seeds at that shy naive girl in the lawn seats.
A devastated boy who was reminded that we were at a baseball game and NOT a buffet. Remember when I said crazy...well, here's proof. :)
The boys even got to sit near friends from the neighborhood!
Mrs. Koehlert got to throw out the first pitch tonight! She was Matthew's kindergarten teacher and sat right by us! :)

Bryan and the boys get to sit on the same bench where I met #40. Ahh, the memories!

Look where life has taken us. We've come full circle. Back to where it all started. What a night! I think Bryan missed those baseball days tonight. I do too...but in the next 10 years, I have a feeling that baseball will remain a big part of our lives. Good thing I like baseball! :)

1 comment:

Katie P said...

Holy smokes, 17 years?!?! Wow.

And he never forgot you because you wouldn't let him! ;)