Monday, July 4, 2011

Last Minute Road Trip

Let's just say I'm pretty last minute. So last minute, that we decided to take off for an overnight trip to Traverse City, Michigan for the Cherry Festival. I don't think my personal driver was very excited, but he did better a few hours into the trip! :) So, around 8PM the night before, we packed the car, the kids and all our beach stuff...then went and hung out with the neighbors. Early the next morning, we were on the road! My parents went along, too. The boys did AMAZING in the car. For the first 3 hours, Bryan and I didn't even realize they were in the car! When we got to Michigan, we went right to the Cherry Festival. I'm not sure we have to go back (to the festival) again, but Traverse City and Lake Michigan were VERY pretty! The boys thought the festival was so cool because we went to the carnival part...we never do carnivals. The people watching was TOO good to pass up. If you're ever in the area, do NOT pass up eating at The North Peak Brewing Company. BEST. FOOD. EVER. Seriously.







No comments: