Monday, July 4, 2011

Pirates Cove

We opted for mini golf and Go-Karts instead of fireworks for the 4th of July and it made for a great night! I had two holes in one, Matthew had one, but we didn't win...DARN IT. :( The Go-Karts were an experience I will NEVER forget!! Read on...


Dirty feet...seriously?! That's just NASTY!


Matthew got his hole in one on this hole!


Yes. That's my mother. She's putting on her lipstick. You should know that this was on the 10th hole. If you know her, this won't surprise you. My camera, however, surprised her...and we laughed for a LONG time after these pictures!!



So the Go-Kart story goes a little like this:


My mom has never gone. Matthew and Ethan have never gone. I drove with Matthew. My dad drove with Ethan. Bryan and my mom went in their own car. My mom's car was first and she was determined to win. While the man was giving instructions on how to use the car and the track, he said the word GO in his speech. My mother took off...like a bat out of hell...pedal to the metal...100 miles per hour...OUT OF THE GATE. GONE!! All of us died laughing! As she sped away, the poor kid was in a dead sprint trying to catch her. All I could see was her smiling because she seriously thought she was going to win! That poor kid caught her. He dragged her all the way back to us...and restarted the race. Everyone waiting in line saw her. Everyone laughed. Even her. Matthew thought that Nonny not 'following directions' was the best part of his whole vacation. Truly, the Go-Karts were the best part!! If only I would have had my video tape going. I could have won $100,000!!

No comments: