Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On the Eve of 5...

This year, I didn't get out my fancy camera. I just used my phone. We got a little silly. We talked about his upcoming party. I got sad. I knew in just a few short hours, you'd no longer be four, or as you say it, 'foe.' You still can't say your Rs. I am apprehensive about this new year, wondering if this year will bring more changes in your speech, your behavior and your interests. It's sad to realize how quickly time does fly by. I try to soak up every bit of your childish ways, hoping to remember all of the silly things you say. The things I thought I'd miss over your fourth year, still exsist today, even if only faintly. Your lips are still perfect and when you sleep, you still look like that little baby I held just a few short years ago. That blue blanket given to you as a baby gift, is still your comfort at night and a must have whereever you sleep. Over the last few months, you've added a stuffed animal to your 'must haves' when you sleep. The things you do now amaze me...reading, spelling, counting. Even though you're losing those baby things, I still look forward to what the next year holds. So, tonight on the eve of five, I am watching you breath heavily, snoring. Sound asleep, dreaming of lightsabers, army men, winning races and hitting homeruns. My little boy, I can only sit here and imagine who you will become. As much as I am sad you aren't so little anymore, I'm happy to know you are all ours! No matter how old you are, you will always be the little man we love so much!


Of course, it wouldn't be complete without listing the 5 things we love most about you:

1. Your imagination for pretending to be whatever and whoever you want to be.

2. Your little lisp and your own little language

3. Your admiration for your big brother, even though you two can fight like cats and dogs.

4. The way you still like to cuddle close on my lap, while you play with my hair

5. Listening to you sing Justing Bieber's "Baby, Baby" over and over and over and over and over and over....

No comments: