Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rock and Worship!

My boys (and I) have been looking forward to this night for a very long time! We went last year and had an amazing time! The line up last year didn't disappoint. This year's line up was a bit 'younger' and catered to more youth groups. I am still impressed by how much Christian music has changed since I was a teenager. I feel so blessed that Matthew and Ethan can listen to rap, heavy metal or just a good singer/songwriter, and not be concerned about what it is they are hearing. This year, they were able to see Disciple, which was a heavy metal band that all three of my boys liked. They were able to see Lecrae, a rap artist, that even I was impressed with. They got to see Sidewalk Prophets, Rend Collective Experiment (great Irish sound), Hawk Nelson (pop/punk), Tenth Avenue North (another household favorite) and of course, MercyMe!! We love Mercyme!! Ethan LOVES MercyMe! You can see how much he loves them HERE! Ethan fell sound asleep half way through. Matthew rocked out to some good music, had fun with his friends and smiled all night long! Each band sent messages to the audience that always seemed to speak right to you. It felt great being surrounded by others that share the same beliefs as you, but also knowing that God works in mysterious ways. Those words were spoken to help everyone in that building. Even though the music may not be my 'taste' all the time, being with my friends (Spiro's and McMeins') and my family made the night a real 'feel good' kind of night! I can't wait until next year...or maybe we'll find them touring again this summer!! :)


MercyMe

Nicholas and Matthew


Hawk Nelson


Tenth Avenue North (This moment made my night! I caught Matthew videotaping his talk, when Matthew turned his camera back on himself and said "This guy is awesome!")


Ethan sleeping through it all...


MercyMe singing "I Can Only Imagine"

No comments: