Thursday, October 7, 2010

W

I am certainly no trend-setter, but I know for certain that I am a trend follower. I have been obsessed with monograms and seeing Martha Stewart's carved pumpkin ideas have me very excited for Halloween. I DETEST carving pumpkins with every inch of my being! (Maybe I'm just not patient enough.) Anyhow, rather than carving a monogrammed pumpkin, I chose to paint one.
I printed a big W and colored it in with pencil.
Then, I taped it to my pumpkin and colored over the back side, which created a transfer from the graphite. (Be sure to use a mirror image when printing letters!)
After the transfer was done, I used an acrylic paint to fill in the letter. A couple of ribbons and some mums to surround it...
VOILA!
I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Gore said...

I love it too!!! :) What a great idea!!! I miss you this year!! :( Hope things are going well!! :)