Wednesday, December 22, 2010

They Grew Up...

It happened and I didn't realize it until it was over.
They grew up without my permission.
Matthew was 2 months old when he had his first picture taken on Santa's lap. He's never once cried on Santa's lap. He's always been very polite and happy to tell him his long list. Ethan on the other hand has cried since his first visit! 3 times on Santa's lap and 3 times on the Easter Bunny's lap and he's screamed, kicked and cried.
This year, not one tear. In fact it was completely different.
Ethan wouldn't stop talking. He talked and talked and talked. Matthew waited patiently, just watching his brother. Ethan gave Santa 100 different things he wanted and Matthew gave just one.
I'm sad. I realized as I walked away that this year was probably the last year they will both believe in Santa. Next year may be a whole new experience for both boys...and me!
I'm not sure I'm ready for that!!

1 comment:

Katie P said...

This makes me sad for you! As a kid, didn't seem like it took FOREVER to grow up? And now that the shoe is on the other foot as parents, we are like WOAH! Slow down! **hugs**