Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Heart Attack

A few years ago, when I was working in a third grade classroom, we had an especially difficult year. For me it was an emotional roller coaster. The teacher I worked with passed away unexpectedly, my grandfather passed away a month later, and the following month I was due with my son, Ethan. Valentine's Day was a week before I was scheduled to deliver and we wanted to make the kids feel extra special before I left. It was time consuming, but boy did it feel good. Every single kid left the classroom feeling loved, appreciated and wearing a smile. Each kid made a heart for every kid in the class and then dropped them off. The students got to read 25+ reasons why they were special! That makes a person feel so good. I had forgotten all about it until I was reading 71Toes, and I realized her family did the same thing.
{Her family is ADORABLE, by the way! Check her out if you have time!!}
After dinner tonight, I sprung it on my very hesitant family that we were going to do the same thing. I have to say, it was the best thing we've done as a family in a long time. It cost us nothing, but each person left feeling a little bit better and a lot more loved.

The boys were hard at work!! Matthew was chosen to read all the hearts. A few of the hearts...

No comments: