Saturday, November 27, 2010

I tried.

There are days I adore being the mom of BOYS. There are other days, however, when I wish for extra estrogen in the house. Thursday was no exception. I banned all Nintendo DS games, Wii games, movies with shooting, fighting or swords. I told them the only thing allowed on television was the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade.

I'll be honest, they didn't get too excited. Ethan was thrilled with the giant Buzz Lightyear balloon, but that was pretty much the highlight for him.

Matthew was quite taken by The Rockettes. Yes. Typical boy. I noticed Matthew's mouth was hanging open as he watched them dance and kick all exactly the same. He was definitely intrigued. Ethan?? Not so much.

This is their conversation as they sat and watched:

Matthew: "Look at the thousand legs hooked together!"

Ethan: "Dey are gwoss. Dey hab weeds in deir eaws. I hate dem guwls."

Translation: They are gross. They have weeds (holly berries) in their ears. I hate those girls.

Maybe next year they will enjoy it more. For now, they are back to shooting and fighting each other on the Wii. Like I said, I need some estrogen in this house. Anyone want to loan me a daughter?!

No comments: